Big Data is exploding as organizations across the world are deploying Apache Hadoop to derive business meaningful insights. Customers are starving for Data Platform Engineers whom are energetic Pre-Sales Engineers that have and hone a diverse range of talents, beyond the technical.
As a Solution Engineer you will utilize your strong technical, business competencies and customer service orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects and customers to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Services, Business Development, Training and Engineering to create solutions that provides the immense business value.
- Educate the prospects in how their business priorities (use cases) map to Hadoop solutions and integrate with the ecosystem
- Understand the customer’s customer, what business each of the business units are in and their criterion for success
- You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with prospects, customers, vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
- Develop insights from this and from public sources
- Start the journey of being a trusted and business advisor to the community and your customer base by balancing customers success criterion with Hortonworks aspirations
- Understand the vast immature and mature Hadoop ecosystem unfolding and apply to your customers’ business priorities
- Grow your vast technical acumen on Apache Hadoop, the ecosystem and customer critical and specific solutions
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided. This individual will operate independently and drive results as a team and as an individual
- Ability to pass US Government security clearances highly desirable
- Define all of the elements of a customer's technical computing environments
- Answer customer questions
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects
- Define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent Prospect and Partner presentation skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with core enabling technologies, networking, Unix, Linux, Window operating systems, building and managing compute farms, scripting and java programming, and/or data warehousing solutions.
- Experience using and developing infrastructure solutions including but not limited to: Apache Hadoop, (HDFS, MapReduce, Common), Hive, Pig, Sqoop,Oozie, Ambari, HCatalog, Zookeeper, and Flume
- Experience with enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including but not limited to: HBase, Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses including but not limited to: Teradata, Netezza, Exadata, MSSQL PDW and GreenPlum
Social Media Intern
The Social Media Intern will contribute to the development and implementation of a multi-platform social media strategy for DatHub. Working closely with online content and media relations team members, you will learn the ins and outs of managing a comprehensive digital strategy for a tech start up
In This Position You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Develop digital content including blog posts, memes, press releases, and news items.
- Help monitor, grow, and enhance DataHub’s social media presence on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Assist with social media metrics reporting on a weekly/monthly basis, utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Linkedin, Crowdbooster, etc.
- Identify opportunities for Datahub to build its social media presence.
- Assist with assessing Audubon’s competitive social media performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail a must.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office & MAC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with writing for online consumption (blogging, etc.) a plus.
- Must be an avid and sophisticated consumer and user of social media, and have familiarity and experience with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Instagram and other platforms.
- Polished and professional, confident in communication with executive leaders.
- A self-starter, one with a positive and enthusiastic approach to all tasks.